Monday, August 11, 2014

Blendabilities "Blog Hop"

Hello Friends:

Today I'm starting a week of posts that will be part of a Blendabilities Blog Hop.  Now I don't know how many blogs have to be involved to "technically" call it a blog hop, but for this hop, there are two of us, so I'm gonna go ahead and call it a "Hop" since you will hop on over to my friend's blog after you visit mine.

So anyway .... my friend Ruth and I decided to do a week of Blendabilities posts to get you familiar with just how awesome this product is.  I have decided to take a "101" approach ... basically introducing you to the product and some of the simple things you can do with these markers. 

So for today's project, I did a simple tag where I did what these markers are really MEANT for ... and that's coloring ... and not just coloring, but shading and blending.  (I should mention that you will want to stamp you image first with our Tuxedo Black Memento ink so that you markers won't smudge your ink.)  For coloring the technique that works best for me is to tackle one area (or in this case, one leaf) at a time.  I color just a small area of the darkest shade where the shadow might fall.  Then you color over that area and carry it out a bit further with the middle shade.  And then finally, you color over everything you already colored and the rest of that area with the lightest color.  The reason you want to tackle one small area at a time is so that your inks don't completely dry and they will blend a little easier.



Here's a close up so you can see the shading:

 
These markers are super simple to color with, but give a very nice effect!
 
Now it's time to "hop" on over to my friend Ruth's blog.  You can get there by clicking THIS LINK.
 
Make sure to stop by again tomorrow.  Ruth and I will both have a new project to share with you.
 
Until then ... here's wishing you many creative adventures and a very Blessed day!
 
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment