Friday, October 24, 2014

Faith Based Friday ~ Prayer Journal

Hello friends!

Today is a very special Faith Based Friday because I'm featuring one of my very favorite classes I have ever offered.  My stamping business has always been more of a ministry than a business to me.  It's been about developing friendships and giving women a creative outlet to escape the stresses of every day life and, when ever I can, ministering to their spiritual needs.  Before I go to far in to this post, I am going to say that some of the stamps we used for this project are NOT Stampin' Up! stamps and many of my fellow demonstrators would point out that it's not good "business" to use non-Stampin' Up! stamps at one of my classes and normally I would agree.  But this class really isn't a "business" venture for me ... it's part of that "ministry" where I just want women to be blessed by the work that they are doing.  So for this class, I wanted to use a variety of Christian stamps and, unfortunately, Stampin' Up! just doesn't have as many Christian stamps as I would like ... I have ALL of their Christian stamps, but I don't think you can ever have too many and so I do own some non-Stampin' Up! Christian stamps.

So anyway ... on with my post.  This journal was inspired by my upline, Ronda Wade.  She recently did a gratitude journal class and I took the long-distance version of that class.  I always love Ronda's faith-based projects and this was no exception.  I advertised this class as a Gratitude Journal class, but as you will see, it evolved in to several different type of journal options as I was planning it out.  Part of that evolution happened when my demonstrator friend, Ruth, shared THIS BLOG POST with me and I loved the title of the journal ... Peaks, Pits, Praises and Prayers.  I also loved the concept behind blogging in that way .... each day you write about:

  • Peaks ~  What was the highlight or best part of the day.
  • Pits ~ What was a challenge or low point of the day, but instead of just complaining about it, write about how it may have been a blessing.
  • Praises ~ What do you want to Praise God for that happened today.
  • Prayers ~ What prayer needs came out of the day
It's such a SIMPLE way of journaling that I've started using it and I just LOVE it.  But I wanted to offer my customers some options on the title of their journal, so as you will see, there were a few versions that came out of the class.  The following photos show you the covers of the journals and then just a little bit of the stamping that we did inside.  (Most of our time was spent stamping the inside of the journal.)



 
 





 
 
Don't you just love this journal?  It would make a BEAUTIFUL Christmas Gift!  I'm offering private classes on select dates through November and December to make this journal.  The cost is $20 per person and it includes everything you need to make the journal as well as two Project Life journaling pens that work beautifully for journaling.  That's an excellent deal on a beautiful and very special Christmas gift.  If you are interested in hosting a private class, please email me ASAP to secure a date at madrid_kk@yahoo.com 


Until next time, friends ... here's wishing you many creative adventures and a very blessed day!

Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment