Thursday, October 16, 2014

Fun with sketches ...

Hello again friends!

As you know, I'm a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and I absolutely LOVE what I do and I love sharing inspiration and ideas with you.  I'm also a mom and a full-time "real job" employee ... which means my fun stamping time is much more limited than I would prefer.  So, sometimes I have to squeeze in stamping time whenever I can find a spare minute or two.  On Tuesday morning, I had about 30 minutes of "free time" in the morning before I had to transport my son and head off to my "real job" so I wanted to take advantage of that time and try to create something.  For me, ideas don't just flow easily ... I usually have to mess around with a design for a good while before I'm happy with it.  So, when I'm in a time pinch like I was on Tuesday, I like to pull up a card sketch.   Card sketches can be a great way to get the creative process flowing more quickly as most of the "design" work is done for you.  All you have to do is apply colors and a stamp set and voila! you've got a card.

You can find card sketches easily by searching Google or Pinterest.  I had pinned this sketch from My Time Made Easy on my Pinterest account quite some time back and decided to give it a go:

 
And here's what I did with that design:
 
 
As you can see, I followed the sketch pretty closely ... I didn't have a lot of time to be creative but I wanted to get a card done.  I'm pretty happy with how it came out.  Normally I'm not comfortable with the amount of white space that I have around that flower, but with so many other colors and patterns going on with this card, I think the white space is welcome.
 
So that's it friends.  Go out and find a fun card sketch (or use the one I shared here) and spend some time with your stamps!
 
Until next time, here's wishing you many creative adventures and a very BLESSED day.
 
Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment