Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I love CASEing

Hello friends!

Before I share today's card, I should probably explain my title to some of you.  If you're an avid Stampin' Up! fan, you probably already know what the acronym CASE stands for ... but in case you're not familiar, Stampin' Up! promotes a concept called CASE ~ Copy And Share Everything.  Basically, the idea is that we don't have come up with every idea all by ourselves ... if you see something on line or in person that you love, Stampin' Up! promotes that copying is the most sincere form of flattery.  (Of course, you always want to give credit where credit is due and disclose where your inspiration came from.)

So anyway, as a demonstrator, I receive a bi-monthly magazine called Stampin' Success.  This magazine has updates for demonstrators on new products or techniques and is loaded with pictures of samples for inspiration.  This month's magazine had a beautiful card using this "Newborn King" set and I just LOVED the card!  (Since it's in a demonstrator-only magazine, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share a picture of the original card here or not.  But it was red and gold and slightly different looking in he magazine than what I've done here.)  Sometimes I CASE something EXACTLY the way I find it because I just love it so much, I want to recreate it exactly, but usually I try to put my own spin on it and make it a little different.  So anyway ... here's the card:

 
I bought this set immediately after it was released but after several attempts to use it, I was really not pleased with any of my designs.  I just LOVE this card, though!  I can't wait to do some variations of this card!  As usual, my supplies are listed below.  If you would like to purchase any of the supplies, just click on one of the images and it will take you directly to that item in my online store.
 
I hope you enjoyed todays card and I thank you for stopping by.  Until next time, here's wishing you many creative adventures and a very Blessed day!
 
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment