Monday, March 30, 2015

Krop with Kim is Born

Hello my friends!

I hope you all had a wonderful and restful weekend.  I spent part of my weekend hosting an all-day crop and I wanted to share all the details with you.  When I decided to host this crop, I didn't really have a name for it so I just called it a crop day.  (Boring!)  I had so much fun, though, that I decided I want to make this a monthly event and so I needed a better name.  I'm not sure it's a lot more exciting, but I settled on Krop with Kim for all my future crops.  (Yes, I know Krop is spelled wrong, but I was being clever.)   ;)

So anyway ... let me share the details of our weekend.   I was blessed to have seven lovely ladies join me.  I provided three make-and-take projects that they could work on during the day (more on that in tomorrow's post) and then they just spend the rest of the day working on whatever projects they wanted to do.  Throughout the day the ladies worked on various projects like scrapbooking, making Easter gifts, preparing card swaps for events they were participating in, and making wonderful gifts for a family reunion.  There was so much creativity in that room and it was SO FUN hanging out with all these ladies.

Here's what the room was set up like (it's the best "wide angle" shot I could get):


You're actually only seeing half of the room in this picture, but I'll get down to some details in the following pictures.

The ladies had access to all of my punches, my Big Shot, all of my dies, embossing folders and framelits.  (My good friend, Michelle was my inspiration for how I set the punches out ... under each punch is a piece of paper with that shape punched from it.  That makes it easy for my guests to see that I have a particular punch but that someone else is using it and it makes it easy for me to make sure everything gets put away before I pack up for the day.  Michelle's so smart like that!  More on her in a bit.)




Each guest had an entire six foot table reserved just for their use for the day.  I set up the tables with goodies before they arrived (another great tip from Michelle).  Here's what their spots looked like when they arrived.  (As you can see, I ended up kind of going with a red and black theme for the crop.)


Here are some of the details of what was at each spot.  They had everything they needed for their make and takes in a nice little package (tied with a red bow, of course):


I found these adorable little pinwheel flower clips and had to get them for my guests.  They were a perfect little finishing touch at their spots.  I neglected to buy one for myself!  DOH!  Next month, I'll remember to treat myself as well!


Each guest got a morning gift and an afternoon gift.  This was the morning gift ... one of our Stampin' Up! spritzer bottles filled with alcohol and some re-inker.  


Every crafter needs to stay hydrated, so everyone got a bottle of water coordinating with our red and black theme (that blue lid KILLS me, but I digress)


Since I went with a red and black theme, I decided to give each person some Real Red cardstock, Basic Black cardstock and a few sheets of paper from the Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack.


I wanted to put a name tag at each spot and I think these ones came out pretty cute.  


I mentioned my friend, Michelle.  Well, I never attended a crop before until I attended one of her Scrapbook Weekends.  She is AMAZING at hosting these events and after attending her last event, I was inspired to start hosting crops myself (although I'm not quite ambitious enough yet to host an ENTIRE WEEKEND)  So basically everything I've learned about hosting a good crop, I've learned from Michelle!  


You should definitely CLICK ON OVER TO MICHELLE'S BLOG to see what she's up to.  Thank you, Michelle, for being such an amazing inspiration to me!

I mentioned that everyone got a morning gift ... everyone also got an afternoon gift!  (Originally I was going to do a morning gift and then door prizes, but I decided I wanted EVERYONE to be a winner and feel a little spoiled, so I opted to do afternoon gifts for everyone too.)  Here's their afternoon gift.   I used our most recently released photopolymer stamp set called Just Kidding.  I think it is super appropriate for a crop gift, don't you?  Inside the bag, everyone got a package of our Tea Lace Paper Doilies.


Well, I think that sums it up for today!  Tomorrow I'll be sharing the make-and-take projects that I provided for the crop and then on Wednesday I'll show you what I worked on all day on Saturday.  I'll take a break from blogging for the Easter Triduum and then I'll return next week to share my plans for April's crop.  I hope more of you can join me in April.  I love spending time with my fellow crafters and I love being able to pamper you just a bit in the process.

Until next time, friends, here's wishing you many creative adventures and a very blessed day!

Kim






No comments:

Post a Comment