Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Journal I May Never Write In

Hello again, friends!

Today I have another project from the scrapbook weekend to share with you.  As one of our make and takes, Michelle gave us the large craft journal.  If you haven't seen one, it's just a thin journal with a plain craft cover on it.

Michelle had a wonderful idea of embossing the sentiment with black embossing powder and then using washi tape to decorate the journal.  Unfortunately, when I did my embossing, I didn't quite get enough versa mark ink on my stamp and so my image didn't come out as good as I would have liked.  So I was kind of bummed about my journal because it was not going to be as beautiful and Michelle had planned for us.

But then ..... Michelle had an auction where we got to bid on some great kits and the kit that I bid on had this beautiful piece of DSP in it and I knew I wanted to use it on my journal!  Voila!  I just covered up my earlier mistake and made my journal so much more beautiful than I had anticipated:

 
 
The only problem is .... I love it so much that I may never write it in!  LOL  It's just so beautiful I just want to put it on display or something.
 
Anyway ...  I hope you love it as much as I do.
 
Until next time, here's wishing you many creative adventures and a very blessed day!
 
Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment